Thursday 10 January 2008

Campbell Swimming Pool


I'm glad to report that, having been up twice this week, the pool is in relatively good condition and the water is warm. The showers are piping-hot too. That's 120 lengths I've swum so far this week.

The Club is offering members rebates or refunds which is fair enough: they'll definitely not break even this year! I can't help wondering how tenable the present situation is: if the new Duty Manager decided to resign would we be "back to square one" again? It took six months to appoint the present Duty Manager.

I see there's a meeting of East Belfast Historical Society tonight, the subject being the celebrated local sculptress Rosamond Praeger MBE. My late father and his brother modelled for her as children when they lived in Holywood, County Down.

No comments :