Tuesday 4 March 2008

Castleward Opera


It's been a relatively quiet week so far. I'm intending to venture into Town on Thursday, to have a look at the new Victoria Square centre in Belfast; I require some euros too, so I'll pay Marks and Spencer a visit.

I've reserved a ticket on the nineteenth of June, as close as I could attain for midsummer, for Castleward Opera's 2008 production of Cosi Fan Tutte. They usually allocate me Row D at the front; I told them I did not mind where I sat really. It's a shame there aren't two operas each season now; apparently their budget restricts them presently.

One of the visiting National Trust volunteers, based at Terinichol on the estate, told me about the apartment in Castleward House which is maintained for the Viscount and Viscountess Bangor. Apparently the Bangors have been irritated by several items of furniture, which are moved by NT staff without their approval. Lady Bangor is, of course, the celebrated author Sarah Bradford and wife of the eighth Viscount Bangor.

No comments :