Tuesday 4 March 2008

The Right Honourable the Lord Paisley, PC, MLA?


It has just been announced that the First Minister of Northern Ireland, the Rt Hon Ian Paisley, MP, MLA, is to resign from Office in May, 2008.

I normally steer well clear of politics on my blog; nevertheless, my prediction is that the Rev Ian Paisley will be elevated to the peerage in the House of Lords as the Right Honourable the Lord Paisley, PC, MLA. He says he intends to remain as an MP, but for how long? I should not be surprised if the future Lord Paisley is also bestowed with an honour such as the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (like the Lord Molyneaux, KBE, PC) or the Companion of Honour. I make this prediction without any bias at all.

Watch this space...

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Well his wife's already in the House of Lords so it would be a bit of company for her.

Timothy Belmont said...

Quite.