Monday 1 June 2009

Home Again

We have arrived home this afternoon. What a scorcher it has been. Unsurprisingly, it was a busy weekend at Portballintrae, County Antrim. We have dined at the Causeway Hotel and the Bushmills Inn Hotel. We'd intended lunching today at the Bushmills Garden Centre; however, in the event, we just decided to drive home directly.

I've been endeavouring to keep fuel levels in the two-seater low. Despite this action, I still had to put a fiver's worth of petrol into the tank before we motored home. The orange warning light continues to remind me of the low reserves, though I have five-litre plastic can in the boot.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Dear Sir,
I do enjoy reading your blog.What a busy life you have. I wholeheartedly agree that Eimear Mc.Geown is a brilliant and gifted performer -a wonderful ambassador for Ireland.
Re Lobster Pot -I used to be a frequent patron
mostly during Mr.Dabernig's tenure.The food and service was always excellent. He was surely a hard act to follow

Timothy Belmont said...

Thanks for your kind comments. We frequented the LP during Seamus McMorrow's ownership. I think Seamus really established and consolidated the LP's reputation as a local restaurant and bar par excellance.

Tim