Tuesday 9 June 2009

A Taxing Issue

I nipped over to Isaac Agnew's car dealership today, the purpose being to become reunited with my compact binoculars; and to collect the 12-month car tax disc in lieu of the 6-month one they has issued me with in error. It's only £35 at any rate.

I had inadvertently left the binoculars in the glove-box of the Z4, so I'd emailed Agnew's and they kindly retained them for me.

Ever an opportunist, I took advantage of being on the Boucher Road, Belfast, in order to lunch at my favourite restaurant in that vicinity, Fulton's excellent Hawthorne Restaurant.

Today I had a sublime chicken and mushroom tart - the large pieces of chicken breast were so succulent, as was the perfect melt-in-your-mouth pastry - accompanied by their side salad, coleslaw and sumptuous mustard vinegar dressing. I can't wait to return already!

At Marks and Spencer's Belfast branch I bought a pair of classic espadrilles which, at £9.50, were already good value; however, since they were offering 25% discount today, I bagged them for £7.13.

2 comments :

Amanda said...

I love a good bargain! And M&S .... cant beat their sales too.

Timothy Belmont said...

I think they're discounting the Blue Harbour men's range for Father's Day - is that this weekend?
Sometimes I just happen to be in the right place at the right time! :-)

Tim