Saturday 8 August 2009

Molly's Yard & Hilden


I have been somewhat vague as to the ownership of Molly's Yard Restaurant and Brewery in Belfast. Now I have the definitive answer: the Scullion family, brewers of Hilden fine beers and ales.

It's very much a family affair, with Owen and Siobhan Scullion running Molly's; while their parents, Seamus and Ann, run the Hilden Brewery near Lisburn.

While Hilden has its Tap-Room Restaurant, Molly's Yard is the sister restaurant in Belfast with its own micro-brewery, known as the College Green Brewery.

I have discovered a sample menu here; and the duck dish thereon sounds familiar to my meal at Molly's yesterday evening.

2 comments :

John Ferris said...

Tim, I think Owen now takes a much more hands on role with Hilden Brewery and Siobhan with Molly's Yard. I have a podcast with him on my blog - http://belfastmedia.com/food/?p=210 - interesting listen. How was your meal in Molly's?

Timothy Belmont said...

Hi John,

It was enjoyable: cream of brocolli & blue cheese soup with Molly's wheaten; followed by confit of duck with puy lentils, all in the bistro on a Friday at about six before a concert.

All the best, Tim