Thursday 29 April 2010

Volunteer Programme

I've received the latest National Trust volunteer programme and there are some interesting projects ahead. At Minnowburn we shall be placing benches along the path leading to the Rose Garden; while, in June, I'm keenly anticipating the annual barbecue and bat count at the Barn in Castle Ward estate. Later in June, volunteers will be assisting the wardens in removal of ragwort from Divis and Black mountain.

If any readers would be interested in any of these activities I can provide an email contact.


I have been preoccupied with the erection of a chain-link fence in our garden today. It's remarkably easy to work with. I'll pace myself by doing a section at a time. Timothy Belmont isn't averse to a spot of manual toil, at least once a year!

No comments :