Thursday 17 June 2010

Laser and Tax

I had an appointment with HM Revenue and Customs at Wellington Place in Belfast this morning, ever hopeful of clawing back tax on savings for about five years. This has required me to rummage through dusty drawers, gathering up old share certificates and deduction of tax certificates. The effort could well prove to be worthwhile. I phoned the now-defunct Bradford and Bingley and they are going to send me certificates going back several years.

Thence I walked over to Donegall Place, where I paid Optical Express a visit. I have booked an appointment for next Wednesday, when I'll discuss optical laser treatment and get an eye test. I have already had a radial keratotomy operation in 1988, carried out at the Royal Victoria Hospital in Belfast by Mr Eric Cowan. Perhaps I could arrange a discount for a "write-up" about the procedure on the blog!

No comments :