Sunday 3 July 2011

Lounging with Berries

The birds are singing; the pigeons frustrated by Eagle Owl observing them with its beady eyes in the front lawn.

Timothy Belmont is spending an idle, relaxing day.

I cycled to the gymnasium this morning and have been lying on an old lounger at home, basking in the kindly Ulster sunshine. Beside me, I munched a small punnet of friends' strawberries and raspberries, sweet and juicy. Heavenly.

Ethereal bliss, what?

Last night I entertained my Godmother to dinner at the Belmont GHQ, donning the feed-bag for slow-cooked lamb shank with seasonal roasted vegetables; small, steamed potatoes tossed in garlic and herbs; cauliflower cheese; closely followed by Eton Mess; along with a few gins and plonk, for good measure.

Today is booze-free in the household, readers shall be relieved to learn.

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Reckon you'll eventually succumb to a large G&T on this glorious day. I think it always tastes better al fresco!

Timothy Belmont said...

Ha ha! Tempting, though I expect to adhere to the original plan. ;-)

Timothy Belmont said...

In about 20 minutes' time, I'll settle down on the armchair for the Wimbledon Final.

Alice said...

Dinner sounds delicious!Any tips re-buying/cooking lamb shank.It is one of my favourites. Thanks.

Timothy Belmont said...

Hi Alice,

I used a "finest" slow-cooked lamb-shanks, because this

http://lordbelmontinnorthernireland.blogspot.com/2011/06/tescos-lamb-shank.html

was out of stock. I recommend the above link and, at £6 for two packs, it's great! Cooks in its own bag in the microwave.

Tim