Wednesday 10 August 2011

Orangefield Image

Timothy Belmont is singularly sanguine today, having been to the Public Record Office of Northern Ireland - henceforth called PRONI -  and obtained a photocopy of Orangefield House, Belfast.

Orangefield was formerly the seat of the Batesons and Houstons, later Blakiston-Houstons.

I am currently seeking permission to publish the image in order that my loyal readership might see this rare photograph, taken by Lady Mabel Annesley.

I cycled onwards along the River Lagan to the Cutter's Wharf bar, where I lunched (egg and onion sandwich and fizzy orange) with a pal and follower of the Blog.

Thence I cycled home and my ticket has arrived for a special occasion being held this weekend. All shall be disclosed in the fullness of time. Intriguing, what?

No comments :