Sunday 6 November 2011

Estate Walk


Mount Stewart, the National Trust's property on the Ards Peninsula in County Down, was truly beautiful today. the sun shone down on us and glimmered on the tranquil lough.


I walked through the visitor entrance, had a brief look in the shop - where there was a disappointing assortment of Christmas cards - and passed on to the grounds. The croquet lawn had just been spiked or aerated for the winter.

Tír na nÓg, the Londonderry family burial ground, was so peaceful and heavenly.

Having arrived back at the restaurant, I opted for a hot bowl of their curried parsnip and apple soup, with a slice of wheaten bread and butter. This was tip-top and I received my 20% volunteer staff discount, too, bring it to £3.08.

After lunch, I walked out of the main estate, crossed the Portaferry Road and ventured out to the willow tunnel at Anne's Point.

As I motored home I couldn't resist "topping up" at the new Tesco petrol station, where petrol was £1.29 per litre.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

nice to see you gave the Bay Restaurant a mention in you blog. As i work there i hope you enjoyed your soup

Timothy Belmont said...

I meant to say that the soup was lovely. I certainly enjoyed it! I'm looking forward to revisiting the Bay. Look out for me!

Tim