Thursday 10 July 2014

The French Rooms


I dined at The French Rooms yesterday evening. This charming restaurant is located in the centre of Bushmills, County Antrim, not far from the Bushmills Inn.

They have a very good selection of spirits.


My starter of goat's cheese with fig chutney and rustic bread arrived promptly.

This was nicely presented, on a wooden platter. The cheese was enveloped in a little paper pouch, tied.

The small disc of butter had a sprig of mint. The chutney complemented the cheese beautifully.


The trusty gnashers were champing above the long-suffering nose-bag by this stage.

The staff here are charming. Chef here is a monarch of the profession.


My sea-bass duly arrived. I also ordered garlic potato bites and garden peas a la Francais. 

Needless to say, the fish was tender, moist, and boneless.

Alas, I'm too full to do justice to a dessert. I have the pudding menu in front of me: Tarte au citron; croque banane; pear, chocolate and almond tart; clementine cake ...

There's also a crepe collection, various cheeses, and liqueur coffees.

Indeed it was a memorable evening.


Don't forget to look upwards to see the central rotunda.