Monday 22 September 2014

Distiller's Arms

I enjoyed a fine, hearty meal at The Distiller's Arms (Tartine) on Sunday evening. It's located at one end of Bushmills' Main Street, County Antrim.

I do like this place. The staff, particularly the manager, always welcome me cordially.

I had a chin-wag with some of the staff, particularly about Dundarave and its sale.


One of the staff is involved in the game activities within the Estate, and I told him that this ought now to be secure.

Back to my dinner: Firstly I had the Seafood Platter, a dish comprising two or three large prawns, crab pâté, smoked salmon, salad garnish, and wheaten bread.

The glass plate itself was very large and opaque.

I relished this starter with gusto.


My main course was the lamb shank with spring onion of scallion mash, carrots and parsnip.

This was a hearty meal, perfect for an early autumn evening.

Despite a sore temptation for pudding or Irish coffee, I resisted, settled the bill, and bade Tartine farewell.

No comments :