Thursday 20 October 2016

Post Tardiness


Fret not, dear readers. The posting this morning was later than usual because I'm not using my normal BT connection.

The wifi where I happen to be can be, shall we say, hit or miss.

I shall try to post articles during the evening, when I tend to have a more reliable connection.

I dined at an old favourite earlier: Avenida Restaurant, Corralejo, Fuerteventura.

The food is relatively simple and unpretentious, as is the restaurant.

The standards, however, are first-rate.

My chicken escalope, served with crisp and dry chips, lettuce and tomato slice, was as enjoyable as ever.

Always order a half portion, lest you have the appetite of a hippopotamus.

One is brought a complimentary basket of fresh bread and strong alioli (my preference).

The bill came to a mere €5.90: a bargain.

1 comment :

Christopher Bellew said...

Tim,
I'm no great chef (Anatole, moi, non) but, as it happens, I can make a stinging aioli that can cause an exclusion zone of half a carriage on the tube the next morning. I love it.
I too will be flying south for a few days next week.
Christopher